Friday, August 28, 2009

Aravind Kumar is funniest Josephite

Arvind Kumar Bhakta of I CBZ emerged as the funniest Josephite in a comedy competition held by the Hindi Parishad of SJC here on Friday. The competition was judged by Dr Denis of Chemistry Department. Abilash, I HEP won the II place while Kapil of I HEP won the third. The event saw a participation of about thirty people.

Jokes on various subjects were recited by the participants, some more amusing than the others. The joke that got the maximum chuckles was: “The teacher asked the students what is the difference between truth and false. One student replied, what you teach us is true but if you think we are listening to what you are telling us, it is false!”

Arvind Kumar Bhakta said, “My sister told me in the morning about this competition. So I started preparing, using the five minute breaks between classes to formulate and practice my skit. I was a little nervous at first, but had confidence in myself. Then the judge announced the 3rd and 2nd I was disappointed that I wasn’t included, but to my surprise I had won the first prize.”

Dr Denis said that the main purpose of such programmes was to discover the hidden talent. “The performance was ok, but a lot of improvement is required. The participants lacked originality and they need to improve their expressions,” he said.

The president of the Hindi Parishad, Sabina Naaz of II CBBT said, “An inter-college is going to be conducted on the 31st at Jain College and we need to find a suitable participant. As the judge said, a little more work was required when it came to expressions, but I fully support the winner and I am confident he will do well.”

- Shimreichon I MS Com

No comments:

Post a Comment