Saturday, August 8, 2009

A dream-come-true for many rank-holders

Thirty one proud students received gold medals for their excellence in academic pursuits at the 2009 convocation ceremony in the College.

Fr Rui Pereira, Controller of Examinations, announced the overall results of the UG and PG Arts and Science disiplines.

The rank holders of various subjects were awarded gold medals by the Chief Guest of the occasion, Shri Shubhendu Ghosh, Principal General Manager, Bangalore Telecom District, BSNL.

Nanda Kumar N K, gold medalist in Zoology, said, “It feels great to win. My dad used to take me to functions where I saw people winning gold medals and ever since I have aspired to win one myself. Today, thanks to SJC and inspiration of my father, I have realised my dream and made him proud.”

Mikhail Rajaram, gold medalist in Environment Science, said, “Being a fourth generation Josephite to win a gold medal, I’m glad I’ve kept up my family name.”

The enthusiasm of the students was palpable. The UG courses saw 437 graduates while 166 students graduated from the PG courses.

The following students were the gold medalists for the year:

Undergraduates:

Languages: Dezvyn Douglas A. (Additional English), Deepti Arun Kumar (French), Poonam (Hindi), Thejas K. R. (Kannada), Kamudhi H. P. (Sanskrit), Stanly Lourdu John L. (Tamil) and Caroline Elizabeth Abraham (General English).

Arts: Caroline Elizabeth Abraham (Sociology, Economics, Political Science), Shruti Shukla (History), Farah Aleem Ghori (Industrial Relations) and Teresa I. Servomit Namchu (Social Work)

Sciences: Kamudhi H. P. (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics), Asha J. (Computer Science), Rakesh Kashyap R. (Electronics), Roopasari Ranganatha (Botany, Microbiology), Nanda Kumar N. K. (Zoology), Mikhail Rajaram (Environmental Science), Shruthi Sharma (Biotechnology) and Amrin S. (BCA).

Post-graduates:

Arts: Sushmitha (MA English), Tseyang Lhamo (MA Political Science), Mary Lalrinchhungi (MA Economics).

Sciences: Nandini M. A. (MSc Chemistry), Sreekanth K. B. (MSc Microbiology), Gini T. G. (MSc Botany) and Sunil Christopher A. (MSc Computer Science).

- Siddarth Gokul and Arla Lyngdo I MS Com

No comments:

Post a Comment