Friday, January 14, 2011

He has become a celebrity, at least for now

The sudden rise to celebrity status is putting Keshav Krishnamurthy, otherwise sedate studious student of III HEP, into an uneasy situation. His phone has not stopped ringing from the time people came to know about his rare feat of scoring 99.96 per cent in the Common Admission test (CAT).“Thankfully I had a breather of sorts today and I hope I will be left to myself,” said Keshav with a grin.

He was born in Bhubaneshwar, the capital city of Orrisa and moved to Bangalore with his family soon after his 12th class. “My father works in a software company and my mother is a teacher. We are all surprised over my result, because I had not really expected to score this much. I studied the last minute but I did take mock tests now and then which have probably been a lot of help,” said Keshav.

Maintaining a sense of calm over his recent success and the attention it has garnered, he said, “I am in a strange situation since. I am overwhelmed by everyone walking up to me with a warm smile and congratulating me. There is one more round of test left after which the admission procedure takes place.”


With the reporter

Speaking about Keshav’s Achievement, Vinay S S of III EPS said, “He is a very studious person. I see him always talking to teachers. He even has a good hold on English language. He has set an example for us. I am going to follow his footsteps and work harder from now on.”

“I knew very well, he had the potential to do well in life, but it was a surprise to see it happen so early. He would always ask good questions in class and involve actively in activities. I am very impressed with him,” said Dr P E Somaiah, lecturer of Political Science department.


The other teachers also seemed elated at his rare feat. “I knew he had to write CAT this year. He is a well read student and very curious to know about the text background. It was great news for the whole college,” said Dr Lata Radhakrishnan of Economics department.

- Raheeba, I M S Com

No comments:

Post a Comment