Sunday, August 1, 2010

They say Joseph’s was a great place for academics and fun

It was a momentous day for the graduating students of St Joseph’s College at the third Convocation held in the college premises on Saturday.

33 graduates won gold medals and most of them had a smile on their face of achieving something special in their life.

Some of the gold medalists

Udita Kothari, a gold medalist in Physics and Mathematics, said, “This is a great feeling. I love St Joseph’s; it is a good college academically. We have an awesome department and amazing lecturers. St Joseph’s is a great place to have fun.”

Sripriya Murthy, who won gold medals in Zoology and Microbiology said, “I am extremely happy and delighted to have received the prize. It’s been three years in Joseph’s. All I can say is that Joseph’s is a wonderful colleg

e and it is really sad that I have to leave.” On an emotional note she added, “I have great plans for the future and I thank this college because it has made me who I am.”



Surabhi Rajgopal won two gold medals

Balaji N, gold medalist in BCA said, “Joseph’s was a great place to study and have fun at the same time. The environment that existed here is incomparable to other colleges and I am proud to have the tag of a Josephite.”


Jyotsana K, gold medalist in MA English, said that she was here for five years and that her association continued still. “My motivation to return to Joseph’s was to share a common space with the teachers I have admired for years,” she said. Jyotsna had also bagged several gold medals after her graduation here two years ago.


Nivedh Jayanth, gold medalist in English, Additonal English and Environmental Science, said, “My experience at Joseph’s has been varied, but despite the ups and downs I leave a happy person.”

- Arla Lyngdoh, II M S Com




Nivedh Jayanth has won
three gold medals

1 comment: